Unlike everybody else, former B-Town actress Karishma Kapoor has recently filed a dowry harassment case in open court against her soul mate SunjayKapur and Rani (his mother) who maintains the entire family finances.
The Husband-Wife Clash:
Earlier the couple was facing each other in the court for the ongoing battle of divorce and knowing who will be the future parent of their two kids. While fighting this messy case, Karishma Kapoor reaches the Khar Police Station this week for filling a complaint against her husband and MIL for causing mental harassment related to dowry case.
Involvement of Police:
By following to the Karishma’s filed application, a couple of days ago police called her for recoding Karishma’s statement and register an FIR in the context. In the record room, nearer sources say “Karishma alleged that her husband Mr. Sanjay Kapur and mother-in-law Rani had been mentally harassing her over a period”.
Following to this statement, the Khar cops have registered an FIR with the no- 98/16 under the IPC dowry section 498(A) against SunjayKapur and her mother Rani for cruelty and charged IPC section 34 for common intention.
Their divorce case is still in the Bandra Family Court, which they initially filed for getting a divorce on the mutual consent grounds. But, it is Karishma who withdraw her consent from the court saying Sunjay was unsuccessful in fulfilling certain fiscal commitments mentioned in the terms of consent.
The Open Court Room Discussion:
- After this, both the couple had filed a fresh divorce application and the messy case gradually became unfriendly.
- On the other hand, SunjayKapur says “Karishma has failed to be an ideal wife simultaneously a mother and a suitable daughter-in-law.”
- “Karishma just married to Sunjay only for the money, and now she is taking children as her vanguard to demand money”- Sunjay said.
- Karishma’s personal attorney demand some time from the court to come up with strong respond to this and will present them in front of the court in the next hearing which scheduled on 3rd of March’16.
- In the end, mother Karishma Kapoor has opposed her husband’s filed application for taking legal custody of their kids. The court will give its verdicts on the children’s custody on Thursday.